In today's organisations, there is little room left for creativity and innovation on a daily basis: while tight control, bureaucratic division of tasks, and hierarchical order of command provide an efficient working environment for executing tasks, they do not encourage nonconventional thinking and solutions.
Teams/departments/organisations that seek breakthrough ideas need to temporarily 'unlearn' the habitual ways of perceiving, thinking, decision-making and interacting – which is perhaps best done by inviting a skilled facilitator to design & lead a process that unleashes creativity potential of the group.
- creates and maintains a safe, yet playful and engaging environment in which participants feel truly invited to share their whole-brain solutions and ideas,
- using a variety of approaches and techniques, s/he leads the group into non-habitual ways of perceiving, thinking and creating,
- encourages diverse perspectives,
- navigates communication so that all voices are heard,
- keeps focus,
- makes sure that all ideas are captured,
- helps the group establish criteria for choosing those ideas which could bring the highest value to the organisation,
- facilitates turning ideas into action plans for implementation.